Are you giving away your old Windows 10 laptop? Or, has it started functioning at the slowest pace you’ve ever seen? Whatever the scenario be, a reset or format can always help you to reverse the changes. If you consider selling your device or donating it to a stranger then you might not be giving them your PC loaded with so much information.
Needless to say, if you hand them over with the PC without formatting then they can access all those confidential files. Who dares to play with privacy! Surely, you won’t do that. On the other hand, if you’re suffering from bugs on your Windows 10 PC then formatting the device will let you experience your laptop to the state just after an out-of-the-box situation.
How to Reset your Windows 10 Laptop?
Resetting the PC makes sure that it gets rid of background applications and cleans the hard drive of your computer. Check out the detailed guidelines regarding how to format or reset your laptop.
- Hold the Windows and I buttons for a while. It will launch Settings. Now, locate the Update & Security option. Click on it.
- Find out Recovery from the left pane. Click on Recovery and you can see three prime options, they are:
- Reset this PC
- Go back to an earlier version of Windows 10
- Advanced Startup.
Consider option (a).
- Now, click on Get Started under the new window. Now, be very careful with this step. If you want to keep your files then go with the Keep my files option. Otherwise, click on Remove everything. You have to go with the latter option if you’re giving away your PC.
- Next, you have to ensure from where your device will install Windows. If you prefer cloud then click on Cloud download. Or else, select Local reinstall.
- Warning messages might show up telling you the consequences of resetting your PC. After you reset the PC, it won’t let you go back to a previous build of the operating system. Continue the process by clicking on Next.
- Choose Reset when the PC is ready to dive into the process.
Your PC will take time to reset and it will be completed on its own. So, keep patience till it accomplishes its goal.