You might be scrolling your Instagram feed and finding a satisfying or useful video. Thinking of saving that video but don’t know how to save an Instagram video on your device? You can easily download Instagram videos literally on any device and re-watch them whenever you want.
No, we are not going to tell you to use a screen recorder application to download Instagram videos. Additionally, you need not request the creator to send the video in its original quality. As Instagram doesn’t come with a Download option for Reels, IGTV videos, there are different techniques to successfully get your favorite videos saved on your device. Here’s how you can do it in simple ways.
Downloading Instagram videos on an iPhone can go a little bit tricky. However, you can use the in-built app facility of Shortcuts and some third-party applications to download your favorite influencers’ reels or videos. What you need to do is to follow the guidelines:
- Explore Shortcuts and fetch the Gallery tab. You might have to tap the Edit option at the top-left corner to go to the Gallery tab. Press on any shortcut available there.
- Download the shortcut and let it run. Now, open Settings and go to Shortcuts. Activate the option Allow Untrusted Shortcuts.
- After that, it’s time to download the Shortcut for downloading Instagram videos on your iPhone. Fetch the RoutineHub page to download Instagram videos. Tap on the Get Shortcut button. Do the same on RoutineHub and iCloud.com download site.
- Now, it will redirect you to the Instagram Download shortcut in the Shortcuts application. Locate the option Add Untrusted Shortcut and tap on it.
- Now, open Instagram and go to the post that you want to download. Press the three-dots at the top-right corner of the post. Opt for the Share to option. The share sheet will appear. Scroll until you can observe Instagram Download.
Next, you’ll be asked to confirm a few prompts. Log into your Instagram account and your video will be downloaded via the app, Scriptable and its web interface. All the saved videos will be available on the Photos application of your iPhone.
What about Android Ones?
With Android, things get easier. You can go for any Instagram video downloader application on your Android device. Such an application lets you instantly save the Instagram video on your device. Here’s how you can do it:
- Install Video Downloader for Instagram.
- Explore Instagram and opt for the video that you want to download. Now, tap the three-dot icon right over the video.
- Select Copy Link.
- Now, go to the Video Downloader for Instagram and paste the URL. The video will get downloaded in no time.
Is it OK to Download Instagram Videos?
Yeah, it’s completely legal to download Instagram videos. Any video published on different social media platforms can be downloaded. However, there can be some restrictions regarding the reuse of the content. If you want to re-post those videos on your personal account, don’t forget to provide credit to the creditors.