Screenshots can be used as evidence and taking a screenshot on PCs is nothing less than skill. You should be aware of taking quick screenshots on Windows 10 PCs. So that you can access all those on-screen things later even when you are offline.
Fortunately, Windows 10 offers different types of screenshot techniques. Learn the most efficient ways to capture your PC screen without any trouble.
How to Take Screenshots on Windows PC?
Windows PCs mostly come with a Print Screen or PrtScn button on the keyboard. And, you can use the key and several other key combinations to take a screenshot. Here are some useful methods to take a screenshot on your Windows PC.
Directly Press PrtScn
When you press the PrtScn button, which resides generally at the function key rows, it keeps a copy of the complete desktop on the clipboard. Users can directly paste the copy on applications that can be used to show images. Well, this shortcut will work for Microsoft Word, Paint, etc.
Combine PrtScn with the Windows Key
If you want to save your PC’s screen as an image then you can go for this option. Just hold the PrtScn and Windows keys altogether and the clipped screenshot will appear in the Picture folder. You’ll find the saved screenshot in the Screenshots sub-folder.
Make Use of Snipping Tool
Microsoft has added more fluidity to take screenshots by using the application named Snipping Tool. Snipping Tool makes capturing screenshots and you can use it on different applications. Here’s how you can utilize the Snipping Tool.
- Open the search box and type ‘snipping tool’. Choose the Snipping Tool from the results.
- Click the drop-down menu of Mode. And, check out the option that you require to capture the screenshot.
- After you set the desired screenshot mode, click on the option named New. the screen will dim and you can take a screenshot by clicking and dragging your mouse.
- Additionally, you can use the Delay option to make the screenshot be taken at the right moment. Users can even edit the screenshot by opting for the drawing tools available there.
- When you’re satisfied with the screenshot, go to File and select the Save As option. Or, you can just copy the screenshot by clicking the Copy option. And, you can paste it by holding the Ctrl and V buttons.
Go with PrtScn and Alt Buttons
For a swift screenshot, just hold the Alt and PrtScn buttons. And, the screen will be automatically copied to the clipboard. Then, you can paste the screenshot on another application.
Lastly Shift, Windows, and S
Simultaneously hold these three buttons and the screen will freeze. Click and drag the mouse to take a screenshot. The screenshot will similarly get copied to the clipboard and you can paste the image on any application. Well, this feature will be available in the latest Windows 10 update.
These are the 5 simplest ways to take a screenshot on a Windows 10 PC.